CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby's first album

For my newborn's album, among other pages, I am doing a page each month that utilizes the same basic layout: a patterned paper layered on top of cardstock, one 5x7 photo that lifts up to reveal journaling, and three sets of embellishments on the side. They aren't meant to show off much creativity but rather give her an idea of what each month was like with her as they happen. Maybe you have some other part of your life where you can incorporate a similar EASY layout series...
Notice that this is already in the album. Whenever I place hidden journaling on a layout, I cut/readhere the page protector so that the journaling can be read without the page being removed from the book. I don't want the pages to be damaged from repeated removal or the journaling to never be found. I know plenty of people that leave theirs hidden, and that's perfectly fine. This is just my personal preference.


3 comments:

Scrappi Sandi said...

i love the simplicity of this idea...& I totally agree with documenting everything at this early stage...my boys were born before I scrapped, but I did fill out Baby books for them both! Can I just ask...when you cut a flap to enable reading of hidden journalling, do you attach the sleeve flap to the paper flap? If so..what works best?

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

Hi Sandi. I do... I just use my tape runner (Tombow) in each corner of the picture.

Unknown said...

Cute book (very pink!!)